Obviously the most important thing to consider when you have received an offer for your property is the price. However, there are other factors too that should be considered, these include:
- Speed - how quickly can they move, what chain have they got etc
- Financial ability - have they got a mortgage sorted out, the last thing you want is for the deal to fall through because the buyer cant get a mortgage.
- Is this their first offer, it might be worth risking turning it down in the hope to get more money. However, if your property has been on the market for a while with no interest you probably shouldn't risk this.
- Are there other offer in the wings?
- Does the price allow you to buy the home you want?
All of these things are important because you don't want to risk losing your potential new home.