Re-polishing a small tableProcedure.
- Secure table in a vice or work mate
- Sand off the table surface working in direction of the grain
- Finish off sanding with fine orbital sander
- Stain wood with stain to match existing table allow to dry and add more coats if you need a darker finish. Test the stain on a small area first.
- Allow to dry over night and then apply the Danish Oil with a cloth. Follow the instructions on the tin and note fire risk with the cloths when finished. Polish with a dry soft cloth to achieve the finish you require. Add as many coats as required and this may be up to seven for a top quality finish.
- Allow the polish a few days to harden off before using the table.
- Note if you don’t have a dust extract system use a protective mask.
The tools used for this project are;